Baking on a Sunday has become my new thing. I’ve suddenly discovered a love for baking and adapting recipes. One of my latest recipes is Homemade sausage rolls. This recipe took a couple of attempts with a few tweaks to the recipe but I’ve finally cracked it!
Ingredients (makes 48 sausage rolls):
- 4 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 500g pork mince
- 500g sausage mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 60ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 finely chopped brown onion
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 grated carrot
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- Preheat the oven to 220c
- Combine both minces, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, honey, mixed herbs, onions, carrot and garlic cloves in a bowl and mix together using your hands
- Lay the pastry sheet out and cut it in half horizontally. Spoon 1/8 of the mixture evenly along one side of the pastry.
- Mix the egg and milk in a bowl and brush the mixture along the opposite side of the pastry
- Roll the pastry up with the seam side down. Brush the egg and milk mixture along the top of the pastry, ensuring that it’s fully coated.
- Cut the pastry into six even pieces and place these onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Repeat steps 3-6 seven times with the additional pastry sheets and mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes or slightly longer until the sausage rolls are golden.