Blogtober Day 12
If you follow me on Instagram then you may have noticed that lately, I’ve been getting my bake on. Now that we have our own home I seem to have found a love for baking and cooking. This is something I definitely never expected. Moving forward, I’m going to try and do regular recipe/how to posts on here to share some of my bakes/dishes…enjoy!
I thought I’d start with possibly the easiest recipe in the world…no, really, it is so easy. I’ve never been a huge fan of flapjacks however when Liam told me how much he liked them I thought I’d give it a go. Not only have I realised that I actually do love flapjacks but I’ve also realised they are so easy to bake. Flapjacks also last 4-5 days when kept in an airtight container so I’ve been baking a batch on a Sunday to last the week. Now, onto the how-to:
Ingredients (makes nine flapjacks):
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 125g Butter (you can also use reduced fat spread which is what I use to make it slightly healthier)
- 125g Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsps Golden Syrup (I like my flapjacks slightly gooey however if this isn’t for you, go for 2-3 tbsps)
- 100g chocolate chips (you can swap these for raisins or go for plain flapjacks without either)
When I said that this recipe was easy, I wasn’t kidding!
- Preheat the oven to 180c and lightly grease an ovenproof dish
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and then add the porridge oats and chocolate chips
- Slowly stir in the syrup until it is fully mixed in
- Pat the mix into the ovenproof dish and score nine pieces with a knife
- Bake for 20 minutes until the oats are golden brown
- Tah-Dah! Enjoy warm with ice cream or leave to cool and enjoy over the next few days
What is your go-to recipe? Let me know in the comments below.