Easy coconut and salsa rice recipe with Essential Cuisine
- 2 tbsp Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock
- 150g basmati rice
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 1 red pepper
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- 2 chopped vine tomatoes
- 1/2 lime
- 300ml water
- Heat a frying pan with medium heat and add the coconut. Toast the coconut until lightly golden brown.
- Once the coconut is ready, take it out of the pan and pop it in a bowl for later. Slice the red pepper into thin slices and cook this in the pan for five minutes until softened.
- After those five minutes, add the rice, the water and the Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock. Stir until the water and chicken stock is dissolved in the rice and then cover with tin foil over low heat for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the heat, leaving the foil on and set aside to cook with the steam for another 10 minutes.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, it’s time to make the salsa. Chop the tomatoes into small chunks, chop the coriander finely and add the lime juice and zest. Add a little salt for seasoning.
- Now that your rice is cooked, add the desiccated carrot and one grated carrot and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the rice and salsa together and then serve it up and enjoy. Oh, and this dish is also delicious cold so is perfect for lunch the following day too.
*This post is in partnership with Essential Cuisine